Apex Wildlife & Leisure Park Outline of Main Byelaws
Here is an outline of main Byelaws in respect of recreation ground, open space and pleasure ground known as Apex Leisure Park, Highbridge, Somerset. Made under Section 164 of the Public Health Act 1875 and Section 15 of the Open Spaces Act 1906 by the Sedgemoor District Council.
1. A person shall not in the park -
•Wilfully carelessly or negligently deface, injure, destroy, soil or define any wall or fence in or enclosing the park or any building, barrier, railing, post or seat or any erection or ornament;
•Climb any wall or fence in or enclosing the park or any tree or any barrier, railing, post or other erection;
•Wilfully carelessly or negligently remove or displace any barrier, railing, post or seat or any part of any erection or ornament or any implement provided for use in the laying out or maintenance of the park.
2. A person shall not except in pursuance of a lawful agreement with the Council or otherwise in the exercise of any lawful right or privilege bring or cause to be brought into the park any horse, cattle, sheep. goats or pigs or any beast of draught or burden.
3. A person shall not except in the exercise of any lawful right or privilege bring or cause to be brought into the park any barrow, truck, machine, motorcycle, motor car, caravan or vehicle other than -
a. A wheeled bicycle, tricycle or other similar machine;
b. A wheelchair or perambulator drawn or propelled by hand and used solely for the conveyance of a child or children or an invalid.
Provided that where the Council set apart a space in the park for the use of vehicles or any class of vehicle this byelaw shall not be deemed to prohibit the driving in or to that space by a direct route from the entrance to the park of any vehicle or any vehicle of the class for which it is set apart.
4. A person shall not affix any bill, placard or notice to or upon any tree or upon any part of any building, seat or other erection on the ground.
5. A person shall not park walk, run, stand, sit or lie upon -
a. Any grass, turf or other place where adequate notice to keep off such grass, turf or other place is exhibited.
Provided that such notice shall not apply to more than one fifth of the area of the park.
b. Any flower-bed, shrub or plan or any ground in course of preparation as a flower bed or for the growth of any tree, shrub or plant.
6. A person shall not in the park -
a. Bathe, wade or wash in any lake, pond, stream or other water;
b. Wilfully, carelessly or negligently foul or pollute any such water;
c. No person shall on the land kill,take or molest or wilfully disturb any animal, bird or fish or take or injure any egg or nest or engage in hunting, shooting or fishing of the setting of traps or nets or the laying of snares provided that his byelaw shall not prohibit fishing by any person to whom a licence in that behalf has been issued by the Council.
7. A person shall not cause or suffer any dog belonging to him or in his charge to enter or remain in the park unless such dog be and continue to be under proper control and be effectually restrained from causing annoyance to any person and from worrying or disturbing any animal or water fowl and from entering any water.
8. Any person shall not except with the written consent of the Council sail, row or otherwise any boat, canoe, vessel or other craft on any lake, pond, stream or the water.
9. A person shall not in the park -
a. Sell or offer or expose for sale or let to hire or offer or expose for letting to hire any commodity or article unless in pursuance of an agreement with the Council or otherwise in the exercise of any lawful right or privilege he is authorised to sell or let to hire in the park such commodity or article;
b. Hang, spread or deposit any linen or other fabric for drying or bleaching;
c. Except with the consent of the Council erect any post, rail fence, pole, tent, booth, stand, building or other structure in the park.
10. A person shall not in the park wilfully obstruct, disturb, interrupt or annoy any other person in the proper use of the park or wilfully, obstruct, disturb or interrupt any officer of the Council in the proper execution of his duty or any person or servant of any person employed by the Council in the proper execution of any work in connection with the laying out or maintenance of the park.
A full copy of the byelaws are available for inspection at Sedgemoor District Council offices, Bridgwater House, King Square, Bridgwater, Somerset, TA6 3AR. - c/o Parks and Open Spaces Policy Officer.